Date: 26-29 October 2020
Location: Tanzania, Dar es Salaam
The Certified Energy Auditor (CEA™) program raises the standards in energy auditing for professionals performing auditing services at industrial plants and buildings and improves the practice of energy auditors through a continuing education program.
CEA™ is an international qualification program for professionals developed by the US-based Association of Energy Engineers (AEE). CEA offers a comprehensive learning forum for those who want to be able to provide energy auditing services in industrial plants and buildings. Passing the examination could lead
to international certification with the AEE.
- Energy auditing methodology
- Auditing tools
- Building envelope
- Building systems
- Water auditing
- Energy audit instrumentation
- Economic analysis
- Boilers and steam systems
- Reviewing auditing reports
Steps to Certification
- Attend the CEA™ training course with an AEE approved training partner.
- Write the CEA™ examination and attain a 70%+ pass mark.
- Complete your CEA™ Certification application and return it to your training provider timeously.
- The local and international CEA™ Board will review your application.
- Your training provider will advise you of the Board’s decision.
- Should you receive feedback that you are a CEAIT (in-training) you may re-apply for certification within 3 years which provides ample time to gain more experience.
On completion of the CEA™ course, you will be able to perform energy auditing tasks for any resources according to best practice standards and international norms.
There are no pre-requisites to attend the training course, it is a public course and all interested parties are welcome. The pre-requisites only come into play when a candidate wishes to write and pass the examination, and apply for international Certification. The course content is presented by dynamic trainers and is of interest and value to any person in the energy industry, whether experienced or just starting out.
- Persons with energy auditing and energy management experience who have the need to obtain a recognized qualification within the energy engineering career path.
- For energy auditors, architects, built environment graduates, engineering graduates, environmental graduates the CEA™ will open new doors into the fastest growing industry in the world.
- Need for recognition as a green building specialist internationally.
- For recognition as a professional who stays up to date on the latest developments in the energy auditing industry by participating in continued energy education that is internationally recognized.
- Persons that need to find ways of saving energy and resources in any industry.
Basic Skill Requirements
The CEA™ training course is at a level that assumes the delegate has basic problem-solving skills, including quick and accurate use of a hand calculator, the ability to use basic algebra and to set up problem solution expressions and calculations from a written problem statement.